Steel City Media
KFKF – 94.1
Brooks and Bucks Contest
Official Rules for Brooks and Bucks Contest
Contest is not sponsored.
Promotion Event dates are April 3rd, 2017 to April 21st, 2017.
2. To qualify to participate in the Brooks and Bucks Contest;
- Those wanting to participate in the contest have one way of registering to win:
- Listen to KFKF between April 3rd, 2017 – April 21st, 2017 and be the appropriately-numbered caller when prompted to call in by KFKF jocks
- Qualifiers will be taken between the hours of 6am and 7pm, Monday to Friday
- Qualifiers then must guess a 4-digit code to unlock the grand prize listed in section 4. A KFKF staff member will enter the code into a device, which will alert the staff member and qualifier of their winner status
- Must be at least 18 years of age to enter contest
- Notification of qualifiers:
- Between April 3rd, 2017 – April 21st, 2017 all 60 qualifiers will be made aware of their qualifying status immediately upon qualifying over the phone by a member of the KFKF staff
- A potential winner of the grand prize will know the status of their winning immediately after the KFKF staff member enters the code into a device, which will alert the staff member and qualifier of their winner status.
- Grand Prize – The winner of the Brooks and Bucks Contest could receive the following items if the code is correct. The grand prize winner will receive the following:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN CONTEST.
One entry per person will be allowed. All duplicate entry forms will be discarded after the first.
The Station will designate the required method of entry/winning.
Station and Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit the participation of an individual from any or all Station contests if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation.
Current or former employees, family members, agents, successors, or assignees of Steel City Media or manufacturers of the Hand Held Number Verification Unit, or any promotional agency involved with this contest are INELIGIBLE to participate.
Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. Station is not responsible for failure to comply with the contest rules. Failure to comply may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of Steel City Media.
Steel City Media and their sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Winners are required to sign a Steel City Media Winner Release Form, present a valid United States state or federal photo ID and a valid social security number in order to pick up any prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide photo identification, social security number required by the Station may forfeit prize,
- No person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station and all required paperwork has been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
- Prizes are non-transferable and restrictions may apply.
- The Station disclaims all warranties of any kind regarding said prize(s). All prizes are accepted “as is.”
- Prizes are limited to one winner per household every 30 days unless otherwise stated. Major winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more may only win once per year from the date of winning.
- Winners receiving a total value of prizing in excess of $300 throughout the year will receive a 1099 form for the total dollar amount of all prizing won during the year in which the prize/s were received. All applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- There is no cash option for Grand prize. The prizes are expressly limited to the ones listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash unless cash option is listed in the rules.
- Winner does hereby release and agree to indemnify and to save and hold harmless employees and representatives of the Station and its Sponsors from any and all liability claims and demands resulting in any manner from the prize(s) or future use of the prize(s).
- With the exception of concert and event tickets, Prizes that are not picked up by the Winner within 30 days of winning will be forfeited.
- Steel City Media and all contest sponsors are not liable for any damages to any prize after is awarded to the winner
- All prizes awarded or paperwork requirements must be handled at the Station’s studios located at 508 Westport Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64111, Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays, during the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, recorded voice, likeness, and biographical material used in any promotional, advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, any advertisers or sponsors associated with this contest and their products and services, Steel City Media (and its licensee, corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates) without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, Steel City Media in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold Steel City Media, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- Steel City Media reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Steel City Media, an event is rescheduled, postponed or cancelled beyond our control, Steel City Media reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of Steel City Media, 508 Westport Road Suite 202 Kansas City MO 64111
Agreement to Official Rules and Decisions: By participating in this contest, each entrant and prize winner fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entrants, the selection of winners, and the awarding of the prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole direction, to terminate, modify or suspend this contest if, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of this Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, acts of God or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion (but does not have any obligation) to award each Grand Prize at random from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of suspected impairment prior to termination, modification or suspension. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of this contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of the Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of the Official Rules.
Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest shall constitute permission of Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, or its agents, to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness for purposes of advertising, Sweepstakes and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Release: By entering the contest, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless the Station, their parent and affiliated companies, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability whatsoever, and waives any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of or inability to use prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.